ONLY YOU CAN ANSWER THE FIFTH QUESTION
At the Pesach Seder children will be asking the four questions: "Why is this night different than other nights?"
Thousands of children in Eretz Yisroel will be asking a fifth question: Why must we be different from other families, because we donít have enough money for Matzah and Wine? The difficult financial situation in the world today with many people unemployed has made this question a painful challenge to all caring Jews.
Only you can answer this question.
Your response will enable hundreds of families in the Holy Land to join you in enjoying a Kosher and Happy Pesach.
We help over 600 families through the distribution of food coupons. Every dollar you give goes directly to help needy families, as all administrative expenses are covered by anonymous donor. Please sponsor as many families as possible.
Click here and donate to help needy families.
Small family - $180, Medium family - $360, Large family - $540 6 small families - $1080, 4 medium families - $1440, 5 medium families - $1800, 4 large families - $2160. Any size contribution will help.
What We Do:
- To each family we give cash coupons that are redeemable at one of 2 large full-service supermarkets.
- They can use these coupons to buy food and other such items only from these stores.
- The stores give us a discount of 7 1/2% to 10%, therefore making the donor's dollar that much more helpful.
- The stores will not give change, only credit for another purchase.
Checks and Balances
- Each Coupon has a serial number and expiration date.
- After the expiration date, we collect and collate all coupons according to serial number to check if the coupons were redeemed. If not then we contact that family to find out the reason.
- We offer the coupons only to those in grave need.
- Coupons can only be used at these stores, and are non-transferable.
- Coupons can not be exchanged for cash- to make sure they're used the right way.
- Nobody knocks on our door. The Individuals responsible for determining who will receive assistance - and how much assistance - are kept anonymous. In other words, the families do not come to us- we go to them.
- Collectively the 3 Rabbis on the board know most of the families personally, and the ones we don't know, we inquire about.
For questions and information on how to make a donation to help needy families, please contact: Keren Yehoshua V'Yisroel at the following address:
To contribute by mail to help needy families, please send your tax-deductible contribution to our Far Rockaway Office:
Keren Y&Y, 805-A Roosevelt Ct., Far Rockaway, NY 11691
To contribute by mail to our Internet Education program, please send your tax-deductible contribution to our Waterbury CT Office:
Keren Y&Y, 127 Columbia Boulevard, Waterbury CT 06710
Donations in support of Har Nof victims may be sent to our Har Nof victim support office:
Keren Y&Y c/o Dov Wilner, 4 Merlot Court, Lakewood NJ 08701.