Rosh Hashana 5775
A WAKEUP CALL TO YOU
The sound of the Shofar on Rosh Hashanah is a heavenly call to wake us up to our responsibilities to G-d, to ourselves and to our fellow Jew.
You have the opportunity to begin fulfilling all these responsibilities and to gain the heavenly judgment, which we seek on Rosh Hashanah for a blessed year, by helping us provide hundreds of families in Israel with grocery vouchers. This will enable these families to have food for the Holidays which they otherwise could not afford.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to bring happiness to the poor in Israel, and happiness to yourself for coming to their rescue.
We help over 1,000 families through the distribution of food coupons.
Please sponsor as many families as possible.
Click here to donate
Small family - $180, Medium family - $360, Large family - $540 6 small families - $1080, 4 medium families - $1440, 5 medium families - $1800, 4 large families - $2160. Any size contribution will help.
What We Do:
- To each family we give cash coupons that are redeemable at one of 2 large full-service supermarkets.
- They can use these coupons to buy food and other such items only from these stores.
- The stores give us a discount of 7 1/2% to 10%, therefore making the donor's dollar that much more helpful.
- The stores will not give change, only credit for another purchase.
Checks and Balances
- Each Coupon has a serial number and expiration date.
- After the expiration date, we collect and collate all coupons according to serial number to check if the coupons were redeemed. If not then we contact that family to find out the reason.
- We offer the coupons only to those in grave need.
- Coupons can only be used at these stores, and are non-transferable.
- Coupons can not be exchanged for cash- to make sure they're used the right way.
- Nobody knocks on our door. The Individuals responsible for determining who will receive assistance - and how much assistance - are kept anonymous. In other words, the families do not come to us- we go to them.
- Collectively the 3 Rabbis on the board know most of the families personally, and the ones we don't know, we inquire about.
For questions and information on how to make a donation to this program, please contact: Keren Yehoshua V'Yisroel at the following address:
To contribute to our program by mail, please send your tax-deductible contribution to:
Keren Y&Y, 805-A Roosevelt Ct., Far Rockaway, NY 11691